You can choose the Writing Prompt (You CANNOT choose the same prompt you used before):
1. One of the most revealing types of conflict occurs when a characters inner struggles are resolved at great personal price. Often, the character learns a lesson, but too late to help himself or another character. Explain how, in a work that you read, a character struggles but fails to learn a lesson in time, and thus, serves as an example for the reader. In your essay, focus on the conflict within the character. Be sure to include the price paid as part of the resolution and the lesson to be learned. Avoid summarizing the plot or making this like a book report. You must still have a thesis and include analysis to prove it.
2. Often in literary works, authors choose a physical object which takes on a special significance in the work and becomes a symbol of something beyond itself. Show how, in a work that you read, the author uses a symbol to convey an important meaning. In your essay, focus on the symbol and what it symbolizes. Be sure to discuss how the author uses it to convey a message to readers. You may choose multiple symbols and how they contribute to an overarching theme or character development, OR you make choose to elaborate on one symbol.
3. Authors often use descriptive details to develop a setting for several purposes. In an essay, explain how the setting of a work relates to events from the plot, relates to characters, or builds suspense. You may write about each aspect of setting, or you may choose to elaborate on one particular aspect (plot, character, suspense).
4. What is the theme of the work? In your introduction, state the theme of the story. In your thesis, explain how the theme is developed. In your body paragraphs, give specific examples of scenes from the text in which the author develops the theme. Avoid summarizing the plot or making this like a book report. You must still have a thesis and include analysis to prove it.
5. Discuss the authors use of figurative language. Identify examples of figurative language from a text. Why did the author use these examples? What impact does the figurative language have on characterization, description of setting, mood, foreshadowing, theme, or the work overall? In your essay, use a different example in each body paragraph. Be sure to explain the significance of each use of figurative language.
Write a 2-3 page paper. This means, at least two full pages of writing all the way to the bottom of the page.
Your paper must follow MLA format: Times New Roman, size 12 font, double spaced, 1" margins, etc.
The book used for reference will be The Norton Introduction to literature Kelly J MAYS
portable 13th Edition
"Wall Of Fire Rising" (267) is rated 4.8/5 based on 297 customer reviews.