Think about disasters your community has or could potentially face. Now, think about how your community is helping its members prepare.
- Explore your community and find an advertisement that represents helping community members be prepared for a disaster.
- Examples could be a billboard, poster at a bus stop, marquee sign, flyer, yard sign and more. Example: Sign advertising 'free' flu vaccinations at a local pharmacy.
- Upload that picture into the discussion.
- To have it display in your post:
- Click the embed image (looks like a picture of a mountain),
- Choose upload image from the drop down arrow
- Click on the Upload Image (rocket ship) icon
- Click on the image you want to display
- Choose Open
- Click Submit
- Describe the message the advertisement is conveying.
- Describe how the message impact preparedness.
- If you cannot find any advertisement in your community, describe a type of advertisement for disaster preparedness you think would be most beneficial to your community and how it would be best conveyed.
- Next, identify one community setting that is impacted by the disaster advertisement you shared
- Correctional facilities
- Home health
- Forensic areas
- Faith communities
- Occupational health
- Analyze at least one nursing role (refer to Week 6 lesson) related to disaster preparedness in that setting. Example: In the school setting, what actions and interventions would be involved with the nurse as coordinator of disaster preparedness?
- Identify at least one key stakeholder related to the setting that a CHN could collaborate with regarding disaster preparedness. Include why this collaboration is important.
Your discussion post should look like:
Communities And Disaster Preparedness is rated 4.8/5 based on 270 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- Uploaded picture
- Paragraph one: Describe the message the advertisement is conveying and how the message impact preparedness.
- Paragraph two: Identify one community setting that is impacted by the disaster advertisement you shared. Analyze at least one nursing role related to disaster preparedness in that setting.
- Paragraph three: Identify at least one key stakeholder related to the setting that a CHN could collaborate with regarding disaster preparedness. Include why this collaboration is important.
- Resources: Where did you find your data?